Global Packaging Primary Innovation Manager
Are you looking for the next step in your career?
This function including Packaging and Project development will have a significant impact on the business and the innovative future of the company.
Read further to find out what your future job looks like!
Our client is the leading global brewer and one of the world's top five consumer products companies and is looking for someone like you, should you wish to join a company with a great culture, focusing on the future and on its people.
Within, a diverse team of more than 120 scientists and specialists, pulling from more than 20 nationalities, work diligently to achieve GITEC’s Dream: bringing people together to create and deliver winning innovation and technologies. Of course, the intense R&D work in Belgium is only part of the story. You collaborate with multiple partners across the globe to tap relevant expertise and help deliver and develop new raw and packaging materials, brew new and innovative products, and deliver them to the consumer in sharply-designed packaging. We dream big. We look to the future, not the past. We hire people that can be better than ourselves. The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
- Manager position, responsible for leading multiple new-to-the-world / industry projects involving materials, design, and conversion processes within Primary Packaging (Bottles, closures, cans, decoration and other types of beverage containers).
- Own, develop and lead a Primary Structure / Design Technology Platform roadmap to deliver on short, medium, and long term commercial priorities.
- Responsible for translating commercial needs from various Innovation & Brand stakeholders into technical parameters in order to build a technology platform roadmap within the Primary Packaging portfolio.
- Support zone-led innovation initiatives in Primary Packaging, creating toolkits to capture lessons learned and leverage synergies across all nine zones globally.
- Build credibility as a recognized expert in the Primary Packaging Technology Landscape. Can articulate clearly how performance of existing solutions can address identified consumer / brand needs and where they fall short.
- Understand importance of consumer / shopper / retailer insights and market trends related to Primary Packaging. Communicates which trade-offs make sense when developing new solutions.
- Collaborator on Primary Packaging solutions to meet articulated brand & market segmentation needs. Knows marketing 3YPs and relevant viability constraints
- Develop continuously expanding knowledge of inventors, producers, technologies, etc within technology area. Identifies trends from other industries for inspiration.
- Create a network of internal and external experts in the field. Detailed awareness of what is possible where and how knowledge and assets can be leveraged to accelerate ABI initiatives.
- Increase knowledge of existing IP landscape, where opportunities exist to protect future developments, and a strategy to do so.
- Manage or Influence an indirect team of Global, Zone, and External development partners of experienced R&D Packaging Engineers, Material Scientists, Designers, Development Agencies, and Suppliers (2-5 total)
- Provide constructive feedback to development peers responsible for executing projects at various stages of invention / implementation
- University degree in Engineering or Material Science-related field
- MBA preferred
- 2+ years of strong FMGC experience in packaging
- 1+ years of solid technical experience
- Managerial experience preferred
- Technical contributor with proven experience and track record of delivering results
- Highly motivated, self-starter capable of defining priorities in a complex landscape
- Effective communicator to senior management and across various stakeholder groups
- Proven ability to impact and influence to drive an envisioned strategy forward
- Familiar with DOE (Design of Experiment) or Six Sigma (Black Belt, Green Belt, etc.) methodology
- Experience and passion for front end innovation with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strength in managing, coaching and motivating cross functional teams to deliver exceptional results
- Strong communication, English speaking and writing skills
- Strong platform and project management skills
- Heavy travel possible based on project needs
- Open to future mobility within at least some ABI geographies
You will have the opportunity to join a highly creative and innovative company, in a role including some challenges and variety, along with a very interesting salary package.
This job is made for you? Don't delay and apply by sending me an email.
You are not ready to apply or have questions? Don't hesitate to contact me and we will discuss in total confidence.
010 80 71 15