Global R&D Manager Co Product Development
Our client is the leading global brewer and one of the world's top five consumer products companies and is looking for someone like you, should you wish to join a company with a great culture, focusing on the future and on its people.
For this position you will be a Specialist in Fibers and Protein Technology Development.
Our client located in Leuven, Belgium. Has, a diverse team of more than 120 scientists and specialists, pulling from more than 20 nationalities, work diligently to achieve GITEC’s Dream: bringing people together to create and deliver winning innovation and technologies. Of course, the intense R&D work in Belgium is only part of the story. GITEC’s employees collaborate with multiple partners across the globe to tap relevant expertise and help deliver and develop new raw and packaging materials, brew new and innovative products, and deliver them to the consumer in sharply-designed packaging. We dream big. We look to the future, not the past. We hire people that can be better than ourselves.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
To lead challenging Process Technology and Materials development projects & initiatives with high complexity & with specialization in brewing raw material co-products (cereals, fibers and protein) in order to meet or exceed current and future business demands.
- Responsible to develop and validate new processes increasing value generation from current brewing co products. One key element is to secure and advantageous IP situation for ABInBev
- Responsible to deliver raw material co-product prototypes with the right quality, in time and within budget for global innovation projects
- To continuously scout and identify new ideas / opportunities for our client to increase the business made from brewing co products.
- Promoting synergies among the different global regions, integrating knowledge and support global innovation and supply teams identifying best solutions
- To understand consumer insights and competitors’ strategy, and to integrate this in the frame of our Product & Material development initiatives, to ensure the right decisions are taken in the benefit of the client.
- Work in conjunction with knowledge centers linked to brewing raw materials (Hops, Cereals, Barley, Malting...) to ensure that long term Strategies are in place and approved.
- Responsibility for scientific project management & leading of development projects with high complexity and / or risk. Responsible to deliver a detailed plan, validated with internal clients, integrating all steps required to ensure adequate achievement of agreed timelines and objectives. Monthly reporting of status for senior management.
- Responsible to communicate relevant project information and project progress to team members, project stakeholders and other key individuals within the organization. Deliver monthly reports.
- To influence the project team members and relevant individuals within the organization in a positive manner that leads to the successful achievement of the project objectives.
- Responsible for the implementation of Global projects, working together with all Zones in the world.
- Define development/ implementation plan with internal clients, through definition of KPI, multifunctional team, project structure, project steps and responsibilities at global / zone level.
- Responsible to ensure adequate implementation and post-launch appraisal on projects under his/her leadership.
- To keep building up technical expertise in the foodfibers & protein space, derived from brewing (food) raw materials while disseminating the acquired knowledge within the organization, providing technological support and identifying technical solutions with the potential to meet internal and external business demands
- Being able to exchange, prioritize, develop and implement new ideas with the objectives of innovation, product and quality improvement.
- To identify best practices (internal and external), share and propose ideas, test, implement and standardize them in order to maximize company benefit.
- To support, develop and mentor staff, both individually and as members of cross-functional teams.
- To leverage an established network within the organization and throughout the supplier and related industry communities.
- To pro-actively understand gaps and map solutions in the fields variable cost reduction.
- Responsible to motivate & coach a new team of Global Co-product development specialists
- Phd University technical degree or equivalent (Food Science, Biochemistry, Biology, Agronomy).
- Additional technical brewing education & business oriented qualifications are an asset
- Expert knowledge in fibers and protein for human nutrition (process & or product development)
- Good understanding of the brewing process and its Food raw materials used (Hops, Cereals, Barley, Malting...).
- Passion and excitement for the field of human nutrition
- Experience with R&D and scientific research
- Good understanding of regulatory framework in key markets (EUR, US, Asia, South America)
- Demonstrated successful experience in management of projects of high complexity and or risk profile (product, material and process feasibility / development / implementation)
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to impact and influence to move things forward, while balancing differing ideas / agendas.
- Strong team player and target-oriented with respect for quality and timing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with Intellectual Property matters.
- Demonstrated high ability to anticipate, support, drive and manage change, being open to innovation by generating new solutions and developing creative approaches.
- Very good communicator, very good convincing skills, demonstrated ability to translate technical items into commercial concepts and vice-versa. Demonstrated strong ability to communicate and negotiate with (internal / external) stakeholders in different areas and levels.
- Able to bridge cultural diversity.
- Committed to continuous learning and improvement.
- Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
- General commercial and financial understanding.
XPE Pharma & Science is part of the Adecco group. As HR expert we give you the chance to be in contact with the largest FMCG companies in the world.
This vacancy is something for you and you cannot wait to apply? Send your CV today and we hope that we can soon meet you.
If you are not convinced yet? Just call me, you can find my personal information beneath. Hopefully we can welcome you soon at our Great Place to Work!
+32 (0)10 80 71 15