Medical Affairs Professional - migraine/neurosciences
For a project in a leading pharma company located in Brussels, we have a great opportunity for a 3-lingual MAP (FR, EN, NL).
Our client was founded in 1876 by a man committed to creating high-quality medicines that met real needs in an era of unreliable elixirs peddled by questionable characters. His charge to the generations of employees who have followed was this: “Take what you find here and make it better and better.”
More than 140 years later, they remain committed to his vision through every aspect of the business and the people they serve starting with those who take the medicines, and extending to health care professionals, employees and the communities in which we live.
Core Job Responsibilities
As medical affairs professional/MSL, you are reporting to the medical lead and part of the cross-functional migraine team. You will collaborate with the Clinical Research Physician neuroscience. The primary focus is to contribute with strategic/tactical thinking and development & implementation of medically owned projects. The Medical Affairs Professional/MSL is the interface between the client and Thought Leaders to provide advanced disease state data and to exchange scientific and clinical information.
Brand Team Support
- Serve as a key medical point of contact for the brand team: Contribute clinical, scientific and strategic input to support the cross functional team; Medical launch support; Contribute to the development of local brand plans & medical strategies; By offering scientific and creative input, contribute to the development (local materials) and/or review (global/regional materials) of promotional materials for the brand teams; Effectively communicate and transfer knowledge of the therapeutic available solutions environment, the clinical landscape and relevant medical and scientific information
- Oversee the medical component of local Patient Support Programs and /or own overall responsibility of local Patient support programs
- Support the medical training needs of internal business partners such as sales and marketing
- Oversee the collation and analysis of customer information to drive understanding and insights
- Support the planning & implementation of symposia, advisory boards, scientific exchange and educational meetings/events with HCP’s
- Provide recommendations for TL’s and other external parties to serve as consultants, faculty
- Effectively collaborate with alliance partners.
Customer Support & Experience
- Respond to external customer questions and needs, including escalations by Med Info & sales in accordance with company-wide requirements for responding to unsolicited requests for information
- The local coordination of activities and engagement of Thought Leaders
- Speaker training
- Develop and maintain collaborations and relationships with relevant professional societies
- Deliver scientific, educational, and promotional presentations internally and to customers
- Collaborate cross-functionally to drive improvement in customer engagement through Digital innovation
- Take a leadership role in Medical to deliver positive customer experiences.
Scientific Expertise and Medical Affairs Delivery
- Develop and/or contribute to the affiliate / therapeutic area medical plan and strategies
- Support data analysis and the development of slide sets and publications (abstracts, posters, manuscripts)
- Partner with other existing medical affairs roles (CRP, CRS, ML, MI…) to achieve a seamless medical team aimed at delivering exceptional customer experiences
- Critically read and evaluate relevant medical literature to be current in the TA
- Keep up to date with medical and other scientific developments relevant to the product or portfolio
- Be aware of current trends, issues and projections for clinical practice and access
- Providing scientific training for sales, marketing, or other internal personnel.
Education & Medical Experience
- Master degree in health sciences
- Experience in migraine or neuroscience is a plus
- Experience in medical affairs or at the customer interface
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, team work, project management and pro-activity
- Commercial/business acumen and contribution
- Ability to ‘translate’ scientific data into meaningful and clear content for customer communications and engagement
- Ability to effectively partner cross-functionally including Marketing an sales, strong leadership
- High workload capacity including ability to manage and prioritize broad deliverables of a complex nature
- Proficiency in computer skills and database entry
- Continual compliance with all procedural requirements
- Demonstrated success in self-managing priorities and multi-tasking projects
- Ability to work effectively and share information within a team environment
- Expertise in literature identification and evaluation
- Fluent in French, Dutch and English.
Working as a consultant for XPE Pharma & Science means that you will be a part of the Adecco group. You will be guided and be followed-up by one of our Talent Managers. While giving the best of yourself at your project you will be able to develop your soft & hard skills as well via our Talent Managers.
We offer you a permanent contract full-time in an international lifescience environment and a Great place to work!