We're helping our partner to find a dynamic MSL in oncology!
To be a therapeutic area Oncology scientific expert, responsible for discussing our products, patients’ treatment trends and studies in the therapeutic areas in which we are involved, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of leading specialists (physicians, pharmacists, hospital managers, board members of scientific societies, and other stakeholders) and to be considered a trusted scientific counterpart and partner.
To maximize company product value through high scientific quality communication with leading specialists on a peer-to-peer basis. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals.
As MSL you'll:
· Develop and execute an external stakeholder management plan in close collaboration and coordination with the respective cluster organization in Medical Affairs, Commercial and Market Access
· Communicate the value of company products, contribute to e.g. market access activities and formulary discussions
· Through scientific interactions, champion the medical value of our pipeline products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile of our drugs and contribute to the fostering of innovative approaches
· Represent the company to other therapeutic area stakeholders including professional associations and patient organisations in cooperation with other Medical functions
· Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to leading specialists and broader external health-care related audiences:
· Communicate non-promotional general information about our company, including pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
· Respond to unsolicited scientific queries from customers for approved products and products/indications in development, based on Medical Affairs and Medical Information documents
· Use digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication
· Organize and participate in medical education activities: identify/support/educate speakers
· Act as a reference point for Market Access and Commercial functions for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate
· Support and manage Medical Affairs clinical activities strategy, planning, design and execution (in close co-operation with HQ and CROs)
· Support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
· Propose investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies
· Manage field based medical projects
· Ensure a link between HQ, Regional Medical Dept. and KOLs
· Contribute the pre-launch and launch steps of new products providing scientific support
· Represent DS at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, etc at key institutions, and in interactions with key opinion leaders.
· Supports medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
· Assists with the scientific review, development, approval, execution and communication of affiliate medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
· Visit Key Accounts and Key Opinion Leaders to answer any medical/scientific questions concerning the molecule / product
· Ensures budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into programs' scientific activities.
· Ability to work independently.
You're our candidate if you have:
A Medical Doctorate (M.D.), PhD in medical/biological sciences or equivalent with relevant therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment in oncology. Completion of residency and/or fellowship is oncology area is “highly” preferred.
A minimum of 3 years of MSL and or Medical Affairs and/or research and development experience in the biotech/ pharmaceutical industry.
An in-depth understanding of MSLs role and process.
Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment.
Ability to interact externally and internally to support the business strategy.
Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in development strategy and the design of protocols.
Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business.
And if you're:
Fluent in French, Dutch and English
A permanent contract in a pharmaceutical company with an appropriate package including several benefits and a nice working environment.
Not ready to apply or you still have questions?
Please give me a call on +32 10 80 71 03, I’ll be happy to give you more information!
Ready for this new challenge?!
Please send me your CV and your cover letter in a WORD format: