Sr. Medical Affairs Manager (cardiovasc.) EMEA
This role, Sr. Medical Affairs Manager (cardiovasc.) EMEA is responsible for planning, implementing and executing the Medical Affairs activities for Cardiovascular business in EMEA region and wider. Additionally this role, as a member of global Medical and Clinical teams, will assure that all those activities and initiatives are aligned with Global Medical and Clinical strategy.
Medical Affairs Manager EMEA should be experienced in both People Management and Implementation and Execution of Medical affairs activities on the international level.
global Medical and Clinical team
- Leads and develops the team of medical affairs in cardiovascular field
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively manage, coordinate and deploy human and technical resources to achieve the objectives
- Exceptional leadership skills required to establish confidence in the business and in future strategies
- Actively engages the team to work and resolve issues through collaborative problem solving
- Evolves organizational capabilities to meet challenging targets
- Act as representative in building partnerships within the medical communities and scientific societies through different programs and initiatives (ex: joint scientific projects)
- Manages and executes a comprehensive scientific communication, publication plan in particular in Cardiovascular field in partnership with KOLs (ex: posters and presentations, publication, scientific symposia, workshops)
- Participate in and support key regional and global medical affairs strategies in conjunction with commercial counterparts. Provide ongoing and interactive technical and medical expertise to execute on these strategies.
- Participate in relevant focus groups, task forces and other scientific and professional organizations, to stay up to date with the latest developments in the medical field.
- Create awareness about the Therapeutic and economic benefits of medical device therapies through publications and presentations.
- Collaborates closely with Regulatory Affairs to ensure quality standards are met for TE products.
- Collaborates closely with Market Access to provide evidence in order to ensure optimal reimbursement for their products
- Establish and maintain a professional and credible image with key physicians, consultants, vendors, and co-workers and act as the company medical expert in the cardiovascular area.
- Assure maintenance of knowledge of competitive technologies related to their products within the division
- Assures safety reporting across studies by overseeing safety data and supporting the communication related to the safety issues with investigators and regulatory bodies.
MD, or equivalent degree with work experience in the area of Cardiovascular medicine
Minimum 6 years of progressive experience in the therapeutic area, preferably in similar industry and experience in medical devices
Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong formal presentation skills
Excellent planning and organization skills
Strong interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to effectively manage teams of peers and to work closely with both external physicians/scientists and numerous in-house support groups.
Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality and integrity, represent the company’s high ethics, moral behaviour, and professionalism
Demonstrated ability to maintain scientific credibility while being commercially supportive, and to communicate scientific results and effectively respond to data queries from customers and/or consultantsAbility to operate effectively in a multicultural matrix organization
Fluent in English and one additional European languageAbility to function in a self-directed manner with a high degree of independence
Budget forecastingGood understanding of the device development process.
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint and Outlook.Ability to travel (frequent travel will be required)
Strong personal and professional integrity, capable to motivate and inspire team members and other internal and external stakeholders.Proven skills in people management and development
Experience working in an international environmentHigh proficiency in problem solving ability and strong scientific analytical skills
interesting offer with interesting extralegal advantages