Statistics & Data Analytics Manager in Food statistics
Our client is the leading global brewer and one of the world's top five consumer products companies and is looking for someone like you, should you wish to join a company with a great culture, focusing on the future and on its people.
For this position you Statistics and Data Manager of the Sensory & Consumer Science Department.
Our client located in Leuven, Belgium. Has, a diverse team of more than 120 scientists and specialists, pulling from more than 20 nationalities, work diligently to achieve GITEC’s Dream: bringing people together to create and deliver winning innovation and technologies. Of course, the intense R&D work in Belgium is only part of the story. GITEC’s employees collaborate with multiple partners across the globe to tap relevant expertise and help deliver and develop new raw and packaging materials, brew new and innovative products, and deliver them to the consumer in sharply-designed packaging. We dream big. We look to the future, not the past. We hire people that can be better than ourselves.
The opportunity is here. Make it yours!
Based in Leuven within the Global Innovation and Technology Center, you will be part of the Global sensory and consumer science analytics team whose role is to guide adequate combination of product space approaches, sensory and consumer methods to answer global and key zones projects objectives.
- Generate user insights, leveraging external / internal data, structured and unstructured data, consolidating and integrating technical and consumer competitive intelligence data to guide innovation and competitive decision.
- Define data requirements and collect data to support business needs
- Use algorithm and models to answer business question and extract value
- Support analytic and visualization tools
- Define and build processes to automate consumer test analysis
- Run advanced data analysis related to liquid technical characteristics incl. driver analysis, modelling, trending and correlations to support R&D methodologies guidelines or competitive intelligence
- Benchmark advanced statistics methods used for sensory and consumer analysis, pilot and propose recommendations.
- Investigate and use big data approaches to extract insights to guide innovation in collaboration with the data scientists team.
I'm looking for someone with a:
- Master degree in Statistics or University degree in Informatics, Statistics and Big Data analysis.
- Master Degree or PhD in Mathematics or Computer Science
- Strong skills in data mining, multivariate analysis, clustering, analysis of variance, design of experiment, modelling and network, macros and programming
- Specific stats software skills both in using and programming (R, VBA, Python, …)
- Fluency in English (written/spoken), other language skills constitute an additional asset.
- The job requires a disciplined and pragmatic individual with analytical but strategic and synthetic mind set. Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills are expected.
- Be capable of working in an effective and efficient manner and react positively to stress situations, in an environment in which priorities, project scope and time schedules will be set and adjusted often.
- Flexible and communicative profile able to work within cross-functional and international project teams.
- Hands on experience as Data scientist, executing business analytics projects and developing solutions in the consumer products industry
- Advanced proficiency in mathematics and computer science
- Knowledge in programming with SAS is an asset
XPE Pharma & Science is part of the Adecco group. As HR expert we give you the chance to be in contact with the largest FMCG companies in the world.
This vacancy is something for you and you cannot wait to apply? Send your CV today and we hope that we can soon meet you.
If you are not convinced yet? Just call me, you can find my personal information beneath. Hopefully we can welcome you soon at our Great Place to Work!
+32 (0)10 80 71 15