Translational Research operation manager
Our client is an international company active in the academic research in Cancer care.
Scope of the Job
The Translational Research operation manager is part of the TR department. She/he serves as the HQ expert at practical implemention of TR and ensures quality of samples and associated processes and TR data throughtout trials.
Main responsibilities / Major Activities
- Translational research implementation in the trials and research projects
Participates in the practical implementation of the TR part of protocol interacting with study team.
Participates in the technical development of projects involving TR. This includes database set-up, forms design, clinical operation management, and interface with the HQ units and investigators.
Provides advice to clinical operation managers on how to set up biobanking and TR procedures in the protocol (tissue processing, sending, collection, storing).
Works on developing and maintaining a TR project database to enable tracking of the inter TR portfolio, in conjunction with other units at the inter HQ.
Provides advice to data managers on the design of sample collection forms (sample CRFs).
Work with the operational department to monitor any deviation in quality of samples or sample workflow. Assess the root of the problem and coordinate with the QA department if necessary.
Support the QA department with monitoring and audit of central labs and biobank and if necessary the clinical sites.
Assess the availability of samples and molecular data for data sharing
Check Patient Informed Consent to allow data sharing
Assess the scientific robustness of the proposal and coordinate review by external experts.
- Relevant clinical or biomedical MSc/BS with at least 4 years of relevant experience (preferentially working in a lab with clinical samples)
- Relevant experience can be any technical role in clinical trials, or hospital or industry setting. In particular in running biomarker-driven assays (NGS, IHC,…)
- Credibility in scientific environments
- Dynamic self-starter
- Able to work independently and manage competing priorities
- Well organized and flexible
- Able to function well in a team, whether motivating collaborators and colleagues to move projects forward or providing support to ongoing collaborations
- Able to write and check content and quality of scientific documents
- Good communicator with a broad range of stakeholders
- Excellent spoken and written English.
A long term contract full time within a research company in Brussels: package with insurances, mealvouchers, transport, laptop and mobile phone.